- FUNCTION: Aligns hinges, joints, fixtures or machine assembly components to establish consistent results, while ensuring the structural integrity of your work pieces – also perfect for bunk bed dowel pin or shelving part replacements
- PREMIUM BUILD: These cylindrical rods are manufactured with a heat treated, high-quality steel alloy construction and lightly coated with oil for optimal hardness, corrosion resistance and long-term durability for the life of your projects
- EASY TO USE: Hardened steel dowel pins feature rounded and chamfered ends that insert smoothly into 5/16” holes for a secure and efficient fit – no tools required
- PRECISION MADE: Ground to 0.0001”- 0.0005” diameter accuracy tolerance range;
- 71473 : 3/8” diameter, 4” in length- Meets the dimensional standards of the ASME
- 71474 : 1/2” diameter, 3” in length- Meets the dimensional standards of the ASME
- 71475 : 1/4” diameter, 1-1/2” in length- Meets the dimensional standards of the ASME
- 71476 : 1/4” diameter, 2” in length- Meets the dimensional standards of the ASME
- 71477 : 3/16” diameter, 1” in length- Meets the dimensional standards of the ASME
- 71478 : 5/16” diameter, 2-1/2” in length- Meets the dimensional standards of the ASME
These solid cylindrical rods are typically used to join or align machine components; but can also be effectively utilized as pivots, hinges, plug gauges, shafts for any number of applications. When installed, they maintain pieces in a fixed and optimal placement. The straight, precision made design ensures consistent and high quality results. These dowel pins are versatile and work for both indoor and outdoor applications. Whether you’re a professional or DIY enthusiast, you’ll find a vast array of uses for these reliable, precision-engineered pins.
Easy To Use Design
Each pin possesses rounded, chamfered ends (both ends). They are precision made to the exact standards, and as a bonus, lightly coated with oil to deliver a polished look, while also helping provide a smooth and seamless insertion into the 5/16 inch hole. This also gives the pin corrosion resistant properties, while providing optimal oxidation protection.
Our precision pins are made from high-quality steel alloy construction (grade-SCM440). They meet the dimensional standards of the ASME and are heat treated (HRC60) for hardness and damage resistance.
Commonly Used For
- Machine Assembly
- Bunk Bed Repair
- Panel and Fixture Alignment
- Table & Bench Repair
- Fold-Up Trays
- Shelving Replacement Pins
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov