Introducing the Spring Outside Caliper by POWERTEC
This handy tool allows the user to quickly and easily measure the outer dimensions of objects in a vast array of projects. Great for use with irregular, round and odd shaped projects, as well as when determining the OD of pipes/tubes, mortises, bowls, and vases. The possibilities are endless.
- FEATURES: Our premium, 6-Inch spring outside caliper allows for the fast, easy and accurate measuring, marking and transfer of outside diameters. Designed with an easy to use, fine-adjustment speed nut, this handy tool ensures the utmost in controlled and precise measurement determination.
- HIGH-QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: Constructed of top-grade carbon steel with solid brass fittings, this durable device provides dependable high performance through many years of use. The fulcrum, spring and marking/measuring points are precision ground of hardened, tempered steel for flawless measuring verification, scoring and transfer.
- UTILITY: Its exceptional design offers the user a solid, comfortable hand feel. The spring and speed nut are centered for optimal control and efficacy. To operate, gently squeeze the caliper to release tension spring, adjust the speed nut to reflect the desired distance, and tighten the screw to lock it in. Lastly, measure the opening portion of the caliper with a flat ruler or other scale for precise determination.
- APPLICATIONS: Ultra useful in applications in the fields of woodworking, machining, plumbing, construction, arts and crafts, metal and stone work, and in any other project that would benefit from fast, precise measurement determination. Essential for use when executing outside turnings on your lathe, when measuring round and irregularly-shaped stock.
- SPECS: Leg Length: 6”: Clamping Range: 0 to 6-5/8”
Easy Use, Dependable Precision
To use, lightly squeeze the caliper to release tension, and slide the specially-machined nut to the rough location of your measurement. Then fine-tune and tighten to lock in the setting. Proceed to measure the gap with desired scale for accurate determination. It’s that easy. Easily transfer the specifications to make sure the diameter of your project stays in spec, to replicate project dimensions, or when creating layouts for future work.
With a rugged construction of carbon steel with solid brass fittings and hardened steel fulcrum, tip and spring, this high-quality tool will last through many years of successful production. Clear coating ensures wear resistance and provides an attractive finish.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.